05 September 2006

Burger Of Your Dreams


Does this burger look irresistible, or what? Sandwiched between layers of tomato salsa and black pepper sauce, oozing with juices from your first bite into the soft, fluffy bun that had been toasted on the insides before assembling, it really was a burger done well. No fancy ingredients other than the sauces (if you even consider that really fancy), yet worth every cent because it was so moist, juicy and heartwarmingly tasty.

At $17.80, it comes with super cute cubes of potatoes and a small portion of greens. Though both were tasty, I'd have been happy with just a huge bowl of chunky potato wedges to go with it. That would have been a bonus though, since the burger is enough to make me go back for more every Sunday (yes, they only serve it on Sundays). After this, you would probably scoff at the fastfood chains' excuse for a burger.


Just to give you a sense of the size of the burger, here's my dearest friend eager to tuck into her burger.



And here's her other half looking a little upset that his food is getting attacked even though the other two girls already have more than their fair share of food. That plate of green mess is actually their Laksa Pesto Spaghetti, served with quail egg and (big) prawns. It was definitely flavourful, just a little oversalted for me. I'd love to find out the recipe for his laksa pesto though, since the last time I tried, I ended up with a fibrous mess that was really inedible.




And finally, I like to give all my friends equal air-time. And show off a little of what my new camera can do. ;)
Hangout Hotel at Mount Emily
10A Upper Wilkie Road
Tel: 63399448

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy, but where?

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I can't believe I forgot to add that. Corrected!

LiquidShaDow said...

Nice coverage of WR's burger. Have been wanting to take a look and try since hearing about this oft blogged location. And I didn't know it's only available on sundays. Will have to remember to only visit on sunday. This blog feels very asthetic. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi LS, I'm glad you're willing to give it a go. I suggest going by car! If you're going by foot, find someone who knows how to get there by the shortest way. The difference would be a five minute walk versus a half an hour trek! =) Hope you will enjoy the burger as much as I did.