06 August 2006

New York Cheesecake for a Birthday Girl

When I saw my mum oogling over some cheesecakes recently, I made a mental note to make a cheesecake for her upcoming birthday. So I set out finding for a simple recipe for a high and dense New York Cheesecake recipe. While I did think about adding something extra to make it different, I decided otherwise and chose not to mess with the classics.

This one that I got was from Epicurious (again), with just a little extra lemon zest and a gingersnap crust. The zest made a cake less heavy, and more refreshing. I added a thin coating of cocoa powder on top with some dark chocolate shavings. It was real simple, yet pretty. I would add one more egg or reduce the baking time though, as it could do with just a bit more moisture. But in all, it was satisfactory and a real easy recipe for first-timers like me.


We had a buffet at Marriott hotel's Marriott cafe, and the service staff were extremely accomodating with my requests to bring out the cake for her.


Happy Birthday Mummy! I Love You!

2 comments:

diddy said...

wow! looks so professional! You are quite the artistic baker!

Anonymous said...

Cocoa powder and chocolate shavings are really the cheater's way to making a cake look pretty! You should try it out one day and see how easy it is. =)